Sunday, 27 October 2013

Review: Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth

No Star Rating Yet

Spoiler Free Review

I don't want to give anything away so this will be a short review.

Allegiant is the third ans last book in the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth.

I finished reading a few days ago and needed time to think before reviewing but i'm still not sure how to rate this book it's either 0 or 6 stars no where in between.

Veronica Roth really is one of the most talented YA writers out there and has now made my top 3  along with Jillian Dodd and Kelley Armstrong. before this book she was definitely in the top 10. Now you all must be thinking why didn't I just rate it 6 stars if it has raised her to top 3 but if you read it you will know.
It is the Best and the Worst book I have read this year I have only ever read one other book that made me feel this way and I won't tell you what one because it may just give away the reason why and that would spoil it for you.

so on to the actual review.

I have waited for more than a year for this book and I'm not sure what to think. It wasn't as good as Divergent or even Insurgent. The story was slower paced and not as action packed as the others and I found it dragging on a little I had no problem putting it down after the first few chapters since nothing much happened but it does pick up latter in the story and it is good. 
At first I wasn't so sure of the changing POV but I eventually found myself looking forward to the switch.

There are a lot of spoilers for this book online and I would advise not reading them. I'm so glad I didn't. and if you have read the spoilers and they have put you off reading please give this book a try It's not as bad as it seems. It takes an amazing author to bring out so much emotion through a book and Veronica has done amazing. I will definitely be reading anything she writes in the future.


If anyone comments please do not spoil the book for those who haven't read it yet.